Tonality is awesome!
It can be used by any musician, guitarist, pianist,...
And of all levels...
From pure beginner to conductor...
Tonality is first of all 3 Apps.
One Stand Alone version and 2 AUv3 MIDI plugins.
Stand Alone 1 | CHORDS
Chord directionary, Chord finder, Chord infos & it's relative scales, Customs Chords
Scales Dictionary, Scale Finder, Scale infos & Fingering, Custom Scales.
Chord identification - record a chord through your device's microphone and Tonality will transcribe and identify it
4 | CIRCLE OF FIFTHS
AUv3 MIDI plugin 1
- Open "Tonality: Chord Identification" as an Audio Unit MIDI processor and view the names of the chords you play in real time
- Tapping on any of these chords will reveal detailed information just like the main app (see further down)
- The "Tonality: Chord Pads" AUv3 allows you to send MIDI chords to other apps
- This plugin gives you full control of the voicing: you can edit each note's octave and velocity individually
- Grid sizes range from 2x2 to 9x9
- Supports drag and drop to reorder chord pads
- Custom presets can be saved and shared across AU hosts
- Useful as a songwriting and composition tool as well as for live performance: you can try out chord progressions or load the chords to your favorite sone
- Over 1,000 chords | 3 versions
Listen to a chord by tapping on it, or arpeggiate by swiping left or right | 3 versions
- Search for chords by root, quality, extension, or any combination of these | Stand Alone
- Sort chords by key, number of pitches, key span, and more | Stand Alone
- View different inversions and omittable notes | Stand Alone
- View chord scale degrees and note names | 3 versions
- View a table of related scales (especially useful for jazz musicians learning to improvise) | Stand Alone
- View chords on a piano and in the staff (treble or bass clef) | 3 versions
SCALES: | Stand alone
- Commonly used scales and fingerings and ability to create custom scales
- Search for scales by root and name
- Reverse search for scales containing certain notes
- Sort scales alphabetically, by key, by number of pitches, and more
- View scale degrees and note names
- View ascending and descending versions
- View scales on a piano and in the staff (treble or bass clef)
- Add custom fingerings
CIRCLE OF FIFTHS: | Stand alone
- Interactive circle of fifths: view key signatures and scales for major and minor keys
- Jump to relative or parallel keys
You are a symphonic orchestra conductor, so, ok , you know, all scales, all chords and I can see also your little smile when you're looking at the 2 Chords identifier versions but
What do you think about the possibility to add all your custom chords and scales to the App and to be able to play all of them with the AUv3 Chord Pads plugin ?
You are saying awesome like all of us from the pure beginner to you the conductor!
A Must Have! A Killer App!
I also want to add this to this review..
It's a review from the French App Store...
And this is why it's so important to be able to talk to a developer.
And this tapis the reason why I will continue battle for this...
A already received a request for a futur update:
The ability to share our custom chords and scales between all our iDevices...
Price $5.99 Author Bryce Hostetler Type Tool Supports Audio Unit Version 3.1 / Stand Alone Released 06/13/2019 Updated 07/18/2019
The Stand Alone version
App Store description in the video's description
The AUv3 version
Because I can read everywhere a Policy...