The App of the Day: Chordy 2
I need to sleep, so,
Have a nice day or night depending of where you are in this Galaxy
On the Native Instrument blog...
SynthScaper will be updated soon...
In the upcoming update of SynthScaper will be at least two big additions.
Firstly SynthScaper will support Audiobus 3 and MIDI features with Audiobus. And also support Ableton Link to sync BPM between apps.
Next very convenient addition will be "Scene pack". With this feature you can pack several scenes and that is most important all sample files which these scenes use in the single file. This file will be present in the scenes list as usual group and you can use all scenes in it without unpack or additional operations. You can send this pack to another devices or share it with all (or with someone). Scenes pack can be downloaded by using Dropbox, Web access service or just a link.
Also will be added new samples, presets and scenes. Of course there will be other additions and improvements, but these are the most significant.
I am sure that you all know the DM1 Drum Machine and I am also sure that you all know its little sister DM2 The Drum Machine… Why we all know the DM1 App? Because it was one of the first Drum Machine available in the App Store ? Sure, but a lot of Drum Machines were released since this time, and a lot of them have fallen into oblivion… no, I think that if we all know this Drum Machine it is because DM1 is the Perfect Drum Machine! Perfect, because we don’t have to think when we use it. The UI is perfect, easy to understand even for someone who never use a Drum Machine before, and it also comes with all the features needed for a Pro musician… No, I am not writing the review of the DM1 right now,.. I am writing the review of its litle sister, the DM2, but it’s exactly the same… Perfect! DM2 is a synthesizer Drum Machine : • 1 oscillator + 1 noise generator • 2 self-oscillating filters • 2 volume envelopes • Pitch modulation • Distortion per track. 6 FX (4 can be used simultaneously in a Song as Master Fx or Aux: Compressor | Overdrive | Phaser | Chorus | Delay | Reverb. 9 Tracks. The step editor allows you to work with a 1 to 32 steps pattern. A step can also play singles, duplets, triplets or quadruplets note, and the cherry on the cake: an handle allows you to set the length of each track… it means that you can create Polymetric rhythm! The song editor is so simple to use… and the Midi learn feature: Awesome! Easy-to-use and all the buttons, knobs, faders,… everything can be controlled with an external App or hardware… To conclude: I am working with Apple since 33 years now, because when I’am making music, I don’t want to do informatics… also, when I am making music, I want to go fast, I don’t want to think… A Killer App must come with a great UI, and if possible easy to understand. It also have to generate a great Sound and to come with all the features that a Pro musician need to have: IAA / Audiobus / Midi…). If all of these criteria are there, it’s a Killer App and a Must Have App also… DM2 is a Must Have, a Killer App!
Review by Ed
You don't know the Circle of 5ths... It's good day to start to learn it...
The App of the Day?
A Dark Room... A Super Game for Free today.
Note that I don't have all the Circle of 5ths Apps, I don't have the Dulcimer too, so...
There are still some Apps to win in the Sunday Contest #004...
The online store will open shortly.
Here in Bangkok, there are lot of products that you can not find in western countries... Also, a lot of products for a cheap prices... A lot of fakes also, but you will not find this one in the Store...
This week, I will go to check for the last time before to open the Store, all the Precious!
If you need something, if you like to have some info about a product, don't hésite to leave your requests in the comment field below.
Have a nice day, night, or wonderful dreams depending of your location in this Galaxy
What's hot today, and what was hot yesterday...
So sorry, I was too tired to post something yesterday...
135 children... And I am still alive...
135 Thaï children between 12 & 15 years old learning the French at school...
The App of the day Fuzzplus 3, because it's a really good plugins, and it's Free... So a big thanks to Audio Damaged!
On the left, some Free packs for iMPC...
Don't forget the Sunday Contest #004 tomorrow...
I'am going to bed
Have good dreams, day or night depending of where you are
The countdown for the Sunday Contest #004 began!
Tip: Check out the reviews in Progress...
Today, no App of the Day, but a Page of the Day! A Facebook Page... Born today...
It's the page of an iOS artist.
I use one of his track for some reviews...
I love this track!
A cinematographic song...
I would like to say something...
If I talk about this Artist, it's not because he is a friend of mine.. (I never see him...)
It's only because I really love his "work" and also because he made everything with an iPad only.
So, if you have 4 minutes, tap on the image below, listen to Gold, and like his page if you love his song like me.
Have a nice day or night
Tomorrow and after tomorrow I go in a camp with 150 Thaï children... We will learn a French song... So, I not sure to be able to post something excepted the countdown for the Sunday Contest #004.
- Pulse is an Audio Loop Sequencer. I love the idea, the concept of this App, even if I have some wishes for a future update... Note that Pulse is still a baby, v1.0... So, you have 16 tracks (each track is a Pulse out Midi channel). For each of this track you import an audio sample (from the built in Library or your own one by the Open in feature) to create your sequence. You can also use a Track to send the midi to an other App. To edit your sequence, you have 2 possibilities: the live mode and or the grid editor. For the live mode, you can use one of the 2 built in keyboards. The first one, at the top, is a classic keyboard. 3 octaves (enough to work with samples) that will detune the sample higher or lower depending of the Key you play. Here is my first wish. A Time Stretching option will be really great... The second keyboard, at the bottom, will repeat the sample while you hold a key. Here also, the sample will detune according to the key you play. Note that here, it's really cool and I don't need a Time Stretching feature. To set the number of note's repetition, you use the Step's parameter in the Tempo menu. By pulling down the Track's bar, you access the grid editor. A 1 bar, 16 steps editor. 1 bar only... Here comes my second wish.. 1 bar is too short for me... I really love this App and I think that it can become a Master piece of my setup, but 1 bar... My natural bpm is between 90 and 110. I tried to divide the Tempo by 2, unfortunately the shortest value is 60... A little break... I understand, the concept of this App, but when I started to use it for this review, I realize that it could be the missing App from the App Store. I explain: when I start to work on a song, most of time it's with a loop. Great to create an atmosphere... So, I take my Master loop, import it into Auria, and start to add Drum instruments. Percussions, Fx, Pads... I also start to shape the sound... During all this time, this creative period, I want to go fast, I only need to be creative... After, I spend a lot of time to quantize everything, to check out everything... Boring... Only after this I use the Midi... Before to mix my Song, I bounce all my tracks, I create a mixdown for each (no more Midi) and start my Mix... I want to use Pulse for this first period! It's great, because it come with Effects, Filters and a great UI also (even if I prefer to work in Landscape mode). I said that I understood Pulse, Yes, Pulse is made to create an entire Song with Loops... So, Pulse developers, can you create exactly the same App for me, but not to create a song, just to create an awesome loop! With time stretching, plugins insert per track (Audio Unit and Inter App). A sound Replacer too?. And please, the possibility to work with a 100 steps loop on 1 bar only. In summary: Pulse is very well done, It's a Super App with any doubt and I am sure that it will become better and better... I will use it... But from now and because of Pulse I had a Dream... I hope that the developers team will listen to it! A Super App!
- Audiobus / Midi
- this blog is man by a human for humans
- I can make some mistakes (because I am a human)
- Nothing will deleted or removed from this blog. For my mistakes or angers, apologies and corrections will be added if needed.
- You can see everyday on a banner in the What's hot today post the Apps offered by a developer...
- If you participate to the Sunday Contest, you will have to trust in me... But, if you like you can asked me the email list of the readers who participate to a Contest included Time and Date. I will send it to you...
- My rating... The first criterion is the App Store description. The last one is my taste and this is totally subjective... Each post come with a tutorial showing you all the knobs, menu, faders,.... Everything that you will be able to find in an App... I hope that this will help to make your own rating.
- If I really don't like an App, don't understand it or found too many bugs, I send an email to the developer.... I asked him if the App will be update shortly, I also offer my services as Beta Tester.... Most of the time, I will wait for a future update... Developers are humans too!...
- All comments will be publish here. For insults, offenses or very bad mood, the only restriction is that you have to sign with your real name...
- I don't know... Peraphs that I will add something later.
Black Buddha Saraband