Cykle is a modular AUv3 MIDI "Step" Sequencer
8 tracks for the Stand Alone version
Each modules can play 16 "step" or cells.
Naming a Step, Cell is certainly better because each of them can play 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 times
2 modules can not be removed:
Pulse and Pitch
Pulse send MIDI messages and Pitch a Note or a Chord.
(If a Pulse cell is un selected no MIDI message will be sent for this cell)
If my Pulse cells are settled to 8 and my Pitch cells are settled to 1
8 notes will be played for 1 Pulse cell.
The Pitch module contains 7 rows for each notes available in a selected scale. Ionian (Major) | Aeolian (Minor) | Donan | Phrygrian | Lydian | Mixolydian | Locrian
You can setup the root note and the Octave too from the Setting menu.
3 Rest: mutes a playing note
4 Length: Sets the step lengtn between 1/16 th and 1 whole note
5 Chance: Sets the probability 20 - 100% of whethe a note will play or not
6 Velocity: Set the velocity
7 Accent: The max accent can be settled in the Setting menu from 100 to 127
8 Gate: Sets thee gate time (note duration)
9 Transpose: Transposes the pitch within a one octave range on the selected scale
10 Octave: Transposes he pitch by one octave up o down
11 Ratchet: Subdivides a step into x equivalent pulses
12 Control: Modulate a conﬁgurable MIDI continuous control value
(More than 1 module can be added to your pattern)
13 Pitch Bend: Modulate the MIDI pitch bend value
1 Add and remove cells
2 Remove event (s)
3 shift left
4 Shift right
5 Shift. up
6 Shift down
I really love it!
Really even if I have only one little regret which is to note be able to set a "positive" note's length. More than a whole note.
At this moment Cykle is really awesome for creating melodies, or even Drum Patterns. The possibilities are infinites. The way Cykle works is just awesome for working fast...
I know that Cykle has been created for melodic pattern but if we could be able to play a x note length, sure that it will become my main AUv3 Sequencer...
I will ask the developer....
A Killer App!!!
Price $7.99 Author Corne Driesprong Type MIDI Sequencer Supports Audiobus, Audio Unit (AU), Ableton Link Version 1.0 Release d10/01/2019
The AUv3 version
The Stand Alone version
The App Store description
cykle is an innovative, semi-generative melodic step sequencer for iOS that is based around the concept of sequencing individual musical parameters (such as pitch, velocity, length, transposition, etc.) independently, by way of decoupled sequencer lanes. thus, the interplay between simple elements can yield complex and musically interesting results.
nb: cykle does not make sound by itself, you will need to connect it to a MIDI-compatible synthesizer app on your device, load it in an AUv3-compatible host (such as Audiobus or AUM) or connect it to an external synthesizer, computer or any other sound generating device.
- works as an Audio Unit (AUv3) MIDI plugin or as a standalone (CoreMIDI) app
- sample-accurate sequencing engine
- universal layout with landscape and portrait modes
- slick and responsive native UI
- configurable tempo, scale and key
- each channel can be routed to a separate MIDI destination and channel
- each channel sends MIDI note- and pitch-bend data as well as an arbitrary number of continuous control messages
- AUv3 state-saving
- save and load patterns
- independent sequencer lanes for various musical parameters:
- step length
- gate length
- transposition by octave
- pitch bend
- mappable MIDI CC values (e.g., filter cutoff, resonance, envelope, etc.)
- sequences can be instantly manipulated by various actions (shifted left/right/up/down, rotated, randomized, mirrored, doubled, bisected)
- configurable clock division rate per sequencer lane
- Ableton Link support
- an offset can be added to timing to compensate for MIDI latency
- ongoing development and support, many new features on the roadmap
Because I can read everywhere a Policy...