I am a self-taught person
I never learned to play the guitar, but yet I recorded several albums and played with a few artists as a guitarist.
I never learned to read music theory and yet I made several albums as an arranger.
Likewise, I never learned to be a sound engineer but I have been in this position on many albums and stages also.
Because of that I always thought I was a fraud, an impostor.... Just a lucky guy....
And this App is really not going to help me to trust myself....
Because tomorrow maybe I'll be hired as a sound designer for the next Michael Jackson album....
Oh no, that's not possible....
Seriously, auGEN X is incredible!
You know, all those sounds, cartoon, police siren, beep, helicopter...
Also, Snares, kick, HH...
I can make them all now!
Yes, and fingers in the noze!!!
And if you don't believe me, you just have to watch the video below!
For the specifications...
I add as always the App Store description at the end of this post.
There is also a very well done user manual inside the App.
Everything is explained.
I had a look on the developer website but the link to the User manual doesn't work, so I added it here, below.
You know, it's the first time that I am not talking about the characteristics of an App...
There are a few reasons for this that I want to explain now.
The first one is, to be totally honest, I am not an expert in this domain and I don't want to copy the App Store description nor the user manual.
The second one is that I don't want you to be scared with a lot of technical terms. auGEN X is so easy to use, so intuitive...
It's just amazing!
It's a game!
Everybody can use it!
Believe me! One more time check out the video demo and keep in mind that it's me who made it! The self-taught person who know nothing in sound design...
The last reason is that I just received a phone call from Steven...
So I have to go
auGEN X is a Killer App! A Must Have ! A incredible App!
Price $19.99 Author auDSPr Type Instrument, Tool Instrument type Synth Instrument sounds Other Supports Audio Unit (AU) Version 1.0.2 Released 12/18/2018
The Stand Alone version
The AUv3 version
The user manual
The App Store description
auGEN X bridges the creative musical world of artists with the exacting scientific world of audio engineers. What started as a precision audio test utility has grown into a fun experimental sound design instrument. On one end use auGEN X to help set up, test, calibrate, and optimize your audio system. On the other use it to create a wide variety of interesting sounds.
auGEN X has a full-featured audio oscillator, a high quality noise generator, and an impulse generator. The simple yet powerful user interface is designed for fast, precise, intuitive control over your signals. auGEN X works both as a Stand-Alone App and as an AUv3 Audio Unit Extension responding to MIDI In and BPM Sync from Hosts.
I started making this app because as an audio electronics engineer I could not find a single audio generator that does everything that I require AND is an AUv3 Audio Unit. auGEN X has expanded into a musical tool for exploring and learning sound design. Our goal is for auGEN X to be an Essential in your audio toolbox. We hope you enjoy it and we’re excited to hear the cool things that you do with auGEN X!
"I really see this app becoming a standard and a must have component in one's iOS audio app arsenal."
- Paul Henry, Paul Henry Pro Audio
- 3 Modes: Fixed, Frequency or Level Sweep
- 4 Wave Shapes: Sine, Triangle, Rectangle, & Saw
- Tri & Rect have a Duty Cycle control (1.0% to 99.0%)
- Tri, Saw, & Rect are alias-suppressed yielding virtually alias-free performance at musical fundamental frequencies
- 10 to 20,480 Hz extended audio frequency range (great for testing subwoofers!)
- Full-featured Frequency or Level Sweep with 5 Types, settable Direction, & selectable Repeat or 1-Shot Mode
- Sweep Period has a wicked wide range from 1/10,000th of a second to 100 seconds and can alternatively be set as a Sweep Rate in Hz or BPM
- Wide sweep range allows for FM & AM style sounds
- Noise Generator
- 2 Modes: Fixed or Level Sweep
- White or Pink Noise
- Pink Noise conforms to SMPTE Standard 2095-1:2015 Calibration Reference Wideband Digital Pink Noise Signal
- Impulse Generator (useful for checking reverb algorithms)
- Impulse Width can be set in samples
- AUv3 Audio Unit Extension or Stand-Alone App
- Verified to work great in AUv3 Hosts such as GarageBand, Cubasis, AUM, apeMatrix, BeatMaker 3, & Auria Pro
- As a Stand-Alone App audio is sent to iPad's built-in speakers, Headphone/Line Out, or to any iOS-compatible USB audio interface connected to the Lightning jack
- Creative experimental sound design
- Sound effects for film, TV, & games
- Great chiptune style sounds
- Synthesize sirens or alarms
- Test, characterize audio equipment
- Set up or dial in a home theater
- Tune car audio systems
- Test subwoofers
- Hearing tests
- Ear training
- Vibration analysis
- Audio signal path uses state of the art Double Precision 64-bit Floating Point for maximum accuracy
- Stereo out
- Selectable Pan Laws include Linear & Constant Power Panning
- Supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, & 96 kHz sample rates
- User Guide embedded in App - no internet connection required to read it
- Compatible with iOS 9.0 & up (iPad 2, iPad mini (1st Generation), & up)
- Support way back to iOS 9 means auGEN X works on every iPad model (except the very first iPad).
Breathe new life into your old iPad by using auGEN X to make it a dedicated, precision audio source.
- AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions require iPad 4, iPad mini 2, and up
- 88.2 & 96 kHz sample rate require iOS-compatible USB audio interface connected to the Lightning jack
Watch demos & tutorials on auDSPr's YouTube channel.
Subscribe on YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCRZm2cKWVJVfK-l9zrnMeFg
Like Us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/AUDSPr-1392948064183211
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/auDSPr
Keep your ears and eyes open for more upcoming auDSPr audio apps! Version 1.0.2 release notesauGEN X just keeps getting better! Version 1.0.2 is a maintenance update to polish things up for our big launch. - Now the Impulse also responds to MIDI Note-On/Off. This is great for adding a thump to your attacks. We nearly doubled the maximum Impulse width to 63 samples for even more thump. - Fixed an issue where the controls would sometimes disappear when closing and re-opening the window in AUv3 Hosts such as AUM and apeMatrix. - Eliminated clicks when starting and stopping the Oscillator. - Fixed a minor range limit issue when using the number keypad to enter sweep rates. - Improved the colors on the e-mail form.
Because I can read everywhere a Policy...