Just a Super App?
Yes, and honestly, it doesn't make me happy. I hesitated for a long time, a Killer App or a Super App. so much there are good things in this App...
And also feel a little guilty because this Drum Machine is free, and for a very small price you will be able to unlock the App in Purchases...
So. I hope that the Developer won't be too upset with me for that and will be able to understand why Ton Drum Machine is only a Super App to me.
Note that it could have been a very good App, a good App or a Zap this App...
Well, I'd rather tell you right now the only reason why Ton Drum Machine is not a Killer App to me.
It's only because it doesn't have a MIDI implementation... And that could have solved my second little problem, which is the lack of a Song mode.
In addition, with the MIDI implementation Ton: Drum Machine will become a real and really cool Sampler...
That's it, that's all.
For the rest it easily deserves the Killer App appellation.
First of all, for its audio quality.
It looks like it swallowed a compressor.
So much dynamic....
The quality of the effects. The Filter: High, Low and BandPass. The delay and the Reverb.... Besides that there's something I really love that I use very often. (You can see it in my videos) is to route one effect to another. Here we have the possibility to route the delay output signal into the Reverb. Input. I love it....
After that, the IU: simplicity.
The fact that you can set up each step independently by locking a parameter allows you to do anythimg you want.
Even to create a melody because of the Tune parameter located in the Sample selection section.
I love it.
I really love its dynamic...
I could have rated Ton Drum Machine as a Killer App in the little Drum Machine category, but it will be too bad because with just a little bit more this Drum Machine coulx be easily among the best Drum Machine in the Queen category.
Thanks a lot to this developer!
A Super App!
Price Free Author Jérémy Pinat Type Instrument Instrument type Drum Machine Supports Audiobus, Ableton Link, IAA Version 1.3.2 Released 08/10/2017 Updated 06/08/2019
Hold down a step, then set up the paramter you like. Only this step will be affected by your changes. To remove a lock parameter, hold down a step then double tap the desired parameter. Lock parameters are displayed in white color. The Snap button enables or disables Snap Mode. When Snap Mode is enabled, parameters a constrained to useful values, such as whole semitones, BPM, etc.
The App Store description
Sculpt samples and sequence them in real time.
Ton brings a classic step sequencer and an advanced audio engine to your iPad, enabling you to create rich and modulated rhythmic sequences.
• Build rhythmic sequences using the step-sequencer, or play live using the drum pads
• Add movement to any sequence using PARAMETER LOCKS: any step can be assigned specific parameter values (pitch, saturation, volume…), a feature that can be used creatively to build melodies, add variation and make the overall sound feel more natural and organic
• Store your beats in PATTERNS, and recall them with a single tap immediately, without ever going out of tempo
• Use Ton in various setups, thanks to Audiobus and Ableton Link integration
• Mutate samples using the provided parameters
• Each track has its own multimode resonant filter, saturation effect and amplitude envelope
• Glue everything together using the Delay and Reverb master effects
• Unlimited parameter locks
• 6 tracks per project
• 1 multimode resonant filter per track
• 1 saturation effect per track
• 1 sequence per track, up to 4 bars long
• Delay and Reverb send effects
• 16 patterns per project, with store/recall behavior
• Up to 128 samples per project
• Ableton Link integration
• Audiobus integration
• Inter-App Audio integration
• Sample-level timing accuracy
• Sample import from iCloud, Dropbox, AudioShare and iTunes File Sharing (in-app purchase)
• Tempo from 20 to 999 BPM Version 1.3.2 release notes• Fixed a rare crash related to drum pads
Because I can read everywhere a Policy...