TAQS.IM Oriental Synthesizer v1.4
TAQS.IM Oriental Synthesizer
When I opened the app the first time, I could immediately see the name of the default preset.
My favorite instrument....
The instrument that reminds us that we are humans...
There are not many Apps with a Duduk....
And even less with a satisfying sound....
So when I first pressed one of the keys of the keyboard, I was a little afraid of what I was going to hear...
That's exactly the sound of the Duduk I love... With this Vibrato.... The one that reminds you life on earth... The beginning of our civilization....
After that, I started listening to the other presets....
All these instruments that I love...
The Ney, the Oud, the Tar,..... (Check out the App Store description at the end of this post)
All of them sound perfect....
Add a little Reverb or Delay (Fx section) and you're done....
You can also set the attack and the release, even use the built in Filter... (Super filter...)
18 rhymic loops are also present with a Tempo control and its volume.
You can choose a scale from the built in library (App Store description) or create and save your own. (Microtonal)
An option allows you to highlight the keys on the keyboard from the selected scale (see the screenshot below)
Finally, a MIDI learn function....
If there was only the Duduk in this App, and nothing else,...
Maybe just a keyboard to play it, I would have concluded my review with
A Killer App! A Must Have!
But there is so much more than that for such a small price....
Yes, I usually don't talk about price, but there, I'm a little bit obliged when you look at all the other oriental Apps in the app store, there's no picture....
To Killer App! A Must Have! An essential App for all movie scores composers and oriental musicians!
Price $9.99 Author TAQS.IM Instrument Expander Synthesizer Instrument sounds Oriental instruments Supports IAA Audiobus Version 1.4
The App Store description
**Recent Top 50 App in Music!***
***FEATURED on The Sound Test Room!***
"This may become the holy grail of Middle Eastern sounds for me, with its playability, silky effects, and portability."
Peter Deneff, World Fusion Jazz Pianist
"If you're after Middle Eastern sound it's perfect."
The Sound Test Room
"The first good 'oriental' iOS synth ever"
App Store Review
"The Duduk sound is AMAZING...Truly, worth the price of admission for that sound alone."
App Store Review
Expand your musical horizon by playing Arabic, Armenian, Balkan, Greek, Klezmer, Persian & Turkish sounds, scales and rhythms.
Play Middle Eastern style Duduk, Oud, Saz, Clarinet, Synths, Zurna and more on your iPhone or external MIDI controller.
Learn about quarter tones and microtones found in Middle Eastern and Raga scales.
Practice with 32 different Anatolian, Caucasus, Mediterranean & Oriental rhythms.
Here are the sounds included:
• Accordion Octave
• Clarinet Klezmer
• CZ-101 Accordion
• CZ-101 Square
• DX7 Flute
• Duduk Vibrato
• Electric Baglama
• Farfisa Lead
• Garmon Reed
• Guitar Jazz
• Kanun Bell
• MOSS Nay
• Ney Hollow
• OB-8 Sync
• Piano Kavkaz
• Sax 90s
• Saz Acoustic
• SH-2000 Accordion
• SH-2000 Violin
• Strings Kavkaz
• Trombone Arabic
• Zurna Synth
• Zurna Turkish
Here are the Rhythms included:
• Baladi (Traditional / Modern)
• Beguine (Traditional / Modern)
• Ciftetelli (Traditional / Modern)
• Curcuna (Traditional / Modern)
• Halay (Traditional / Modern)
• Malfouf (Traditional / Modern)
• Maksoum (Traditional / Modern)
• Rumba (Traditional / Modern)
• Syrto (Traditional / Modern)
• 6/4 (Traditional / Modern)
• 6/8 (Traditional / Modern)
• 7/8 (Traditional / Modern)
• 9/8 (Traditional / Modern)
Here are the scales included:
• Hijaz (Modern / Arabic)
• Hijaz Ascending (Turkish)
• Hijaz Descending (Turkish)
• Hüseyni (Modern / Arabic)
• Hüseyni Ascending (Turkish)
• Hüseyni Descending (Turkish)
• Kurdi (Arabic and Turkish)
• Nihavend (Arabic and Turkish)
• Rast (Arabic)
• Rast Ascending (Turkish)
• Rast Descending (Turkish)
• Sabâ (Arabic and Turkish)
• Natural Minor (classical/jazz ascending minor, aka Aeolian)
• Harmonic Minor
• Melodic Minor (classical/jazz descending minor)
• Dorian (variant of Minor)
• Phrygian (variant of Minor)
• Major (aka Ionian)
• Locrian (diminished type scale)
• Lydian (variant of Major)
• Mixolydian (variant of Major)
• Raag Marwa (hexatonic)
• Raag Bhairav (heptatonic)
• Raag Bhairavi (similar to Kurdi)
• Raag Pahadi (folk mode)
• Microtonal Oriental-Style Real-Time Scale Converter
• World, Middle Eastern, and Raga scales
• Highlighting of keys in scale
• Inter-app Audio (IAA)
• Preset Middle Eastern Rhythms
• MIDI in (Control with a MIDI Keyboard or AudioBus/IAA)
• Filter Section
• FX Section
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Because I can read everywhere a Policy...