I am a big fan of the SessionBand Apps since a long time now.
This one is the first one for Drum only, and I hope this is the first of many....
But let's be optimistic (even if it has been released in 2015), this App is called SessionBand Drum 1...
348 Drum loops, 348 Fills and 348 end hits!
348 loops divided into 8 different music genres.
Pop 50 x 3 loops | Rock 10 x 3 loops | Funk / RnB 20 x 3 loops | Jazz 9 x 3 loops | Blues / Country 8 x 3 loops | Latin 9 x 3 loops | Reggae 4 x 3 loop | Odd meter 6 x 3 loops
And 116 songs (styles)
Before I go any further, I must specify something...
I've been talking about loops from the beginning, but they're not really loops. Or at least not as we understand it.... Not stereo loops......
Here we have a track for Kick, Snare, HH, Toms and Overheads
Okay, I'll start again....
So three loops per song and three Fills.
Okay, another little break for those who think that 3 loops and 3 Fills is not enough for a song....
First of all, each loops last 8 beats, and you have the possibility to modify their lengths. From 8 to 1 beat (Note that a loop set to 1 beat can become a final or break hit. All you have to do is select End instead of fill A, B or C.
Second, you can apply the style of one song to another.... Let us take a concrete example. For example, I load Queen's Demo Song We will Rock you. The first pattern plays a Kick, Snare and Tom. If I apply Billy Gene's style on it, my first pattern will now play a Kick, a Snare and a HH...
Third, I can choose to play any Fill with any loop... Drum A + Fill C, Drum C + Fill B and so on....
And finally: these are not stereo loops! This means that nothing prevents me from recording the separate instruments from a loop (in my favorite DAW) and adding other solo instruments from another loop. It's up to me to decide if I keep the overheads or not...
Oh, I forgot.... This is all the more feasible since I can change the Tempo of each loop and that all SessionBand Apps are Audiobus compatible.
Alternatively, of course I can build a song from A to Z with the app as in any SessionBand Apps as well as record my automations...
Watch the tutorial video....
The Audio quality is as always irreproachable....
Producer - Geoff Gascoyne
Credits include: Sting, Georgie Fame, Van Morrison, Bill Bruford, Gloria Estefan, Jamie Cullum...
The drummer awesome...
Drums - Ralph SalminsCredits include: Van Morrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Madonna, James Brown, Robbie Williams, Burt Bacharach, Quincy Jones, Wynton Marsalis, Georgie Fame, Jeff Beck.
An awesome App for creating real Drum tracks for your composition or arrangements.
Even for practicing (each section ça, be named and loop)
A Killer App! A Must Have !
Price. $8.99 Author UK Music Apps Ltd Type Dr m loops Sequencer Supports Audiobus Version 1.3 Released 08/08/2015 Updated06/19/2019
The App Store description
The dedicated drums version of the award-winning music app is here!
Create stunning drum tracks for any song in minutes with SessionBand – the world's only chord-based audio loop app.
Containing over 800 precision-cut, 5 channel drum loops played by Ralph Salmins – one of the world's top drummers, SessionBand Drums - Volume 1 is the fastest way to create studio quality drum tracks – wherever you are and whatever your ability.
And with a host of pro features like automated 5 channel mixing, real-time tempo shift, one-touch live recording and Audiobus compatibility - allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand - it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality music even if you can't play a note!
This is a unique app for musicians, producers and anyone who wants to quickly create professional drum tracks.
Note: We recommend using this app with iPad 2, iPhone 4S or newer devices (iPhone users please note: due to compatibility issues with Audiobus 2.1.16, we strongly recommend the use of headphones while connecting to Audiobus for best experience).
Preview loops and watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
The fastest way to create studio quality music:
* Simply pick a style
* Quickly build up a track by inserting drum loop blocks on the grid
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your drum track in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across other styles and tempos
* Use the automated mixer to get exactly the right sound
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other music apps
* Share with the world!
Over 800 5 channel drum loops included in the app:
* Over 800 stunning acoustic drum loops included – all in 5 channel format – exactly as recorded in the studio
* 116 of the most current playing styles and tempos organised across 8 main musical genres
* 8 genres: Pop; Rock; Funk/RnB; Jazz; Blues/Country; Latin; Reggae and Odd Meter
SessionBand gets the world's top session musicians playing on your tracks:
* All 800 loops have been recorded exclusively for SessionBand by Ralph Salmins - one of the world's best session drummers - 3 times nominated as a 'Top 10' drummer in the Rhythm Magazine poll and voted Best Drummer at the British Jazz Awards. Ralph continues to perform with some of the biggest names in music including Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Madonna, Wynton Marsalis, Van Morrison, Paul McCartney, Burt Bacharach, Quincy Jones, Robbie Williams, Paloma Faith and The Waterboys... to name just a few. He is also credited with performing on over 100 movie soundtracks!
* All loops are copyright free
Anyone can create professional acoustic guitar tracks with SessionBand:
* No musical experience required
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy loop manipulation
* Copy and paste function speeds up the song building process
* Help tutorials on every main screen
Create great-sounding real acoustic drum tracks on the move:
* All loops reside within the app
* No internet access required (once app is downloaded)
* Create studio-quality music absolutely anywhere!
Summary of main features:
* Over 800 individually recorded acoustic drum loops included
* 116 playing styles and tempos organised across 8 main genres
* 6 x main loops and fills in each style
* Live and automated (block) mixing
* Metronome and count-in
* Instant one-touch recording
*Real-time tempo shift +/- 15%
* PDF notation of all 116 styles
* Email finished track instantly as audio
* Email tracks as files for other users to import
* Background audio facility
* iTunes file sharing
* Range of export/share features including Audiobus and AudioCopy
Create, jam, practice, record, share... all in one amazing, self-contained drum app. Version 1.3 release notes- SessionBand now supports Audiobus 3 - Updated binary to use the latest compiler - Minor bug fixes
Because I can read everywhere a Policy...