Koala is a Sampler but not a conventional one.
It is rather a soundboard that can record a sound on each of its Pads.
(Or import them via Audioshare or Files App...)
Actually. It's not even that....
It is a Soundboard recorded & sequencer....
A small DAW with Pads and Effects...
I'm never gonna make it like this....
Koala comes with 3 tabs
The first one called Sample allows you to record 64 samples spread over 4 different boards.
To record you just have to press & hold a Pad (a blank one)
You can also choose one of the 8 built in effects before to record a Pad.: * More Bass * More Treble * Fuzz * Robot * Reverb * Octave up * Octave down * Synthesizer
(an input monitoring switch is also present)
Once you have recorded your sample, you will be able to edit it: Trim | One shot or Reverse
(Koala auto detect the Audio input signal and will set your sample start point perfectly...)
Once you have recorded all your samples, you can switch to the second tab.
The live sequencer.
Set the Tempo & Swing. Select one of the 32 available patterns, set its length (32 steps max) Press the record button and then play your Pads.
Another mode (Keyboard) allows you to play your Samples on a grid to be played tunes on 2 octaves.
Once your patterns are ok, you can switch to the third tab, Perform and use 16 effects to create your Mix: * Bit-crusher * Pitch-shift * Comb filter * Ring modulator * Reverb * Stutter * Gate * Resonant High/Low Pass Filters * Cutter * Reverse * Dub * Tempo Delay * Talkbox * VibroFlange * Dirty * Compressor
You can also resample your loop to reincorporate it on a Pad.
Export your song, a loop, one sample or all samples in wav.
Export to Ableton Live is also possible.
Also all Pads can be played via MIDI...
It would have taken me much longer to write these lines than you to make a song with Koala,...
So easy to use...
As always with this type of Apps you might think they are not made for professionals. And as usual we'd be making a serious mistake.
I love it...
A Killer App a Must Have!
Price $3.99 Author Marek Bereza Type Instrument Instrument type Sampler Supports Audiobus, Ableton Link Version 1.350 Released 02/28/2019 Updated 07/03/2019
Top right menu
The App Store description
Koala is the ultimate pocket-sized sampler. Record anything with your phone's mic instantly. Use Koala to create beats with those samples, add effects and create a track!
Koala’s super intuitive interface helps you make a tracks in a flash, there is no brake pedal. You can also resample the output of the app back into the output, through the effects, so the sonic possibilities are endless.
Koala's design focuses totally on making the music making progress instant, keeping you in the flow and keeping it fun, not getting bogged down by pages of parameters and micro-editing.
* Record up to 64 different samples with your mic
* Transform your voice or any other sound with 16 superb built-in fx
* Resample the output of the app back into a new sample
* Export loops or entire tracks as professional quality WAV files
* Direct export to Ableton Live Set
* Copy/paste or merge sequences just by dragging them
* Create beats with the high-resolution sequencer
* Import samples using AudioShare or just open them in Koala
* Import samples with the Files app
* Keyboard mode lets you play chromatically or one of 9 scales
* Quantize, add swing to get the right feel
* Normal/One-shot/Reverse playback of samples
* Add any (or all) of the 8 effects to the entire mix
* AudioBus 3.0 and Inter-App Audio compatible
* MIDI controllable - play your samples on a keyboard
* Jam with others over WiFi with Ableton Link
* Free copy of Ableton Live Lite included
8 Built-in Microphone FX:
* More Bass
* More Treble
* Octave up
* Octave down
16 Built-in DJ Mix FX:
* Comb filter
* Ring modulator
* Resonant High/Low Pass Filters
* Tempo Delay
* Compressor Version 1.350 release notes* 8 brand new mix FX! - Cutter, Reverse, Dub, Tempo Delay, Talkbox, VibroFlange, Dirty, Compressor * Gate effect fixed * Prompt that reminds you to save before starting a new song or loading another * Other performance / stability enhancements
Because I can read everywhere a Policy...