Samples - a Sampler for Humans...
It's not a "Sampler",...
A Soundboard for Humans
Humans = Very easy to use
Samples - A Soundboard very easy to use...
This App is not MIDI compatible, this is the reason why I changed its name...
A Soundboard, yes...
20 Pads per board
= 1280 Samples (up to 30 seconds)
You can record a Sample from another App (Audiobus & IAA) or the built in microphone of your iDevice.
There is a little bug here:
After a recording, the Audiobus bus will be "cut", "mute".
So, after a recording, better to quiet and relaunch the App.
You can also import a Sample from another App via Audiocopy, but here also I have a bug...
The link to Audiocopy failed.
The Audio Editor is very simple: Trim sample
3 play modes: one shot, loop and reverse.
Samples, a Sampler for Humans is for Humans. Very, very easy to use.
This App is Free with Offers In App Purchases.
I don't know when the bugs will be fixed...
Depending of your needs, these bugs can be annoying or not...
Depending of your needs, it can be a Good, a Very Good or a Super App...
A Very Good App until the next update...
I was not able to make a video because of bugs.
I will add one when Samples will be updated.
Review by Ed
BeatHawk is a 16 tracks Drum Machine, or Soundboard, or DrumPads, or Sequencer or a Workstation. The App is so well done that you can use it as you like. So well done that the Audio Unit version allows you to do exactly the same things that you can do with the Stand Alone version. Note that it is not so usual...
On the main window, 16 Pads. On their left side, a Volume button: Tap it and play the selected Pad (track) with the 16 Pads. Each Pads come with a different volume setting (from 7 to 127). A Mute button allows you to Mute all the desired Pads. The Scale window turns BeatHawk into a real sequencer because of its two one octave keyboards. Yes, unlike a lot of Drum Machines, here you can play chords, select a scale and the root note as well. Top! A little further down, the Erase button, the Select and the Repeat (Pad) button. On the other side, the Edit window where you can load a Sample from the Library (you can also import your own samples from here),.set the pan, pitch, and gain of the selected Pad. Also, a Delay, a Reverb, a LP and HP Filter send slider. (The parameters for these 4 FXS can be found in preferences menu). A Record window where you can record the input signal, an ADSR window, a Sample window where you can Trim and Stretch a sample. The Pattern window where you can select a Pattern, copy it and paste it, set its length from 1 bar to 16 bars, and the shortcut to jump to the sequencer. Here also a great feature... depending of the way you are using BeatHawk, or the track you like to edit you can switch ftom a conventional sequencer (select a track and the grid editor will display the note's pitch on the vertical axis) or the "Drum Machine" sequencer where all the tracks are display on the grid. The song mode is really great too and here also a great feature which allows you to mute or not a track from a Pattern. In summary, BeatHawk is more than very well done... BeatHawk is very, very, very well done. Very very easy to use. You can automated all the parameters. The Audio Unit version is awesome and impressed me a lot... Before to say the magic quote, I have to talk about the online Store. so many Packs there.. so many kinds of packs... middle east, asia, vintage keynoards, piano,..(Check out the last section of the tutorial below).
So, it's time to say the magic quote now: A Killer App, a Must Have!
sqrt- audio is a Soundboard like no other. It is also, I think the one who let’s you play the more samples in one surface: 13x13 different samples. A project can contain 25 surfaces… 169 Samples x 25… 4225 samples for one project! Awesome! SQRT allows you to import your own samples via Audio Share. This is great but this not the highlight of SQRT… if you tap a Sample without to release your finger from the screen it will change a few parameters according to some presets which are randomly spread all around the screen. By a Tap on the button located on the right side of a surface, you will still be able to change few parameters with your finger move, but not on all the screen, on a Sample zone only. This is great too, because with on swipe of your finger, you will be able to play several samples. Also on the other side, another button allows you to play a Sample in Loop mode. In summary, SQRT is unique. The built in sample library is really interesting and turns sqrt in a Drone and a particular noise machine too. The number of samples that can be loaded for one project… terrific… I really love this App . A Killer unconventional Soundboard!
Review by Ed
Since this review not a lot of changes excepted the "Killer skins" in App Purchases.
The last update was released in 2015. So I think that it's not a good idea to buy an App in Purchases at this moment.
(The App is Free)
Also, a lot of soundboard have been released since this time and it's easy to find a better one now as the Novation Launchpad.
Published on 24 Sep 2013
A very very well thought out and very well made Soundboard. 16 Pads. 5 playing modes, and an independent volume for each of them. 16 really great effects which can be controlled with the dedicated Pad. You can assign or not a Pad to the effects section. You can import your own samples from your Music Library (no AudioCopy / Paste. :-() and add your own Artwork. You can also buy Audio Packs from the Store. (The sound quality of these Packs is really great...). iPro-DjSampler also comes with the Audiobus feature which is really cool and another feature that I've left for the end... The Time Stretch! Just awesome because of its processing quality! To conclude, iPro-Dj is amongst the best in its category. A Killer Soundboard for Djs! For "musicians" also, but, there are 2 features that we would really enjoy having in a future update... AudioPaste and the MIDI. A Killer App!
Review by Ed
App Store description :
Meet the Ultimate DJ Sampler, the iPRO.DJSAMPLER.
Designed and developed by a team of industry professional DJs, EDM Producers & Musicians at iThirtySeven, it presents the perfect balance of a professional, creative music sampler with simplicity & speed that DJs & musicians demand, and it’s right at your fingertips. This App incorporates a beautifully designed real-world interface & will transform your DJ sets & live performances into hyped up, hands in the air experiences.
This Sampler gives the user the ability to:
• Load & trigger hundreds of samples at ultra fast speeds
• Drop vocal samples & sound effects over your DJ sets
• Play loops & sounds on the fly to create awesome live performances.
• And via the in-App iPro Store you can purchase Sample Packs from some of the World’s leading DJs & producers. Also available are the iPro Sample Packs, including Dubstep, Electro, Dutch House, Rap, Male & Female Vocal packs. The Sampler also incorporates a cutting edge XY Pad to control 16 amazing effects including mind blowing Pitch, Gating & Roll & Delay effects.
• There’s also a high-end Time-Stretch feature to time-stretch loops & samples to any BPM & there’s also the ability to Load your own Samples. (Effects & Features available via the iPro Store).
The App has 4 main sections:
• 16 Trigger pads that illuminate when a Sample is triggered.
• Pad Editor button : Use this button to set the way you want each individual sample to play back.
incl. 5 Playback Types : Play, Touch, Start/Stop, Loop+Touch, Loop+Start/Stop
• Effects Assign button : This button enables you to assign which Pads you want effected. The yellow L.E.D. light in top left corner of each Trigger Pad indicates whether samples will be effected.
XY PAD, EFFECTS & BROWN BUTTONS
• Here you control the XY Pad to control effects
• Swipe across to bring up next set of 8 effects, you can also Load or Edit Sample Packs & Set Tempo
• Version 1.1.1 now includes 8 FREE Effects, including Reverb, Delays, Hi & Low Pass Filters, Phaser, Crusher & more.
• Large library of DJ, Producer, Label & iPro Sample packs
• Effects Pack01 - Reverb, Echo, Delay, Flanger, Low & High Pass Filters, Phaser & Crusher - NOW FREE
• Effects Pack02 - Pitch Shift, Scratch Gater, Pitch Verb, Room Reckr, Dub Delay, Roll FX & Roll
• Import Audio - Load your own samples from your music library (Wav, MP3, NOTE : Max 30secs each sample)
• Time Stretch - High end feature to time stretch all ‘BPM-Coded’ samples
• Skins - Change the look of iPro.DJSampler
SAMPLE PACK LOAD AREA
• Here you can l to quickly Select & load Sample Packs at ultra fast speed.
• Swipe across to view or load next set of 8 Sample Packs.
• Amazing real world interface by Italian graphic designer : Gianluca Divisi
• XY pad with ability to control & hold effects settings as well as dry/wet slider to set effect’s amount
• 16 ultra fast response Trigger Pads that display sample names & illuminate while each sample plays.
• 8 Effects Buttons: Select desired effects, or swipe left to view additional 8 effects.
• Sample pack load area for fast selection & loading of Sample Packs
• Includes 2 Free Sample Packs with 16 samples, including loops, vocals & sound effects.
• Access to iPro.DJSampler Store to purchase additional Features, Effects & Sample Packs
• Effects Assign Button : allows you to assign which trigger pads are effected
• Pad Editor Button : with 5 different playback types : Play, Touch, Start/Stop, Loop+Touch, Loop+Start/Stop
• Fast access, full featured, multi-page Help area
• Tempo keypad to set BPM
• Master Volume control.
• Skin Support - allowing you to change the look of iPro.DJSampler
• Edit Button : to Rename or Delete Sample Pack
• In-App Battery display
• Audiobus support
• Audio background playback
• Retina Display
• Note : Minimum iOS needed is iOS 7
• Note : Use on iPad1 is not recommended
PRFORM - 9 Synths 16 Pads
PRFORM - 9 Synths 16 Pads and a 4 tracks looper
PRFORM - 9 Synths 16 Pads and a 4 tracks looper / with – Delay – Reverb – Chorus – Clip – Bit-Crusher
PRFORM - 9 Synths, 16 Pads trigger-able via MIDI and Audiobus Remote, a 4 tracks looper / with – Delay – Reverb – Chorus – Clip – BBit crushed
PRFORM - 2 leads synths, 1 bass synth and pad synth + 5 synth drum modules (bass, clap, snare, hi-hat, and noise) / 16 Pads trigger-able via MIDI and Audiobus Remote, a 4 tracks looper / with – Delay – Reverb – Chorus – Clip – BBit crushed
As you can see, I have changed a little bit the name of this App…
Perhaps a little bit too long, but at the same time, it’s a good description of what this App can do.
Now, for who this App is, and what can you do whit it?
For who? For everyone, even people who don’t know music or synthesisers, everybody can have fun with it. First because the App is very easy to use and secondly because of the 9 dedicated synthesisers. Yes, and I need to explain why a little bit… for example, if you want to change the kick sound, you can set all the parameters as you like, no problem, a kick will be play, same for the snare, the Super Saw and all the other synths.
What can we do with it?
Record an idea on the go. PRFORM doesn’t use samples, because of this it doesn’t use a lot of room in your iDevice…
Use it for live performances as a Soundboard which can be controlled with an external keyboard.
As a little Drum Machine. As a Drone…
In fact you can find a lot of way to use it…
In Summary: PRFORM is very well done, and very easy to use, despite of this, it is not so easy to rate it… I am a Pro musician and because of this I can have some frustrations with it… why can I play only 3 bass notes, 4 super saw notes, 5 drum instruments,…. This can be a little bit frustrating…. So, why not à Pro Version of PRFORM with the ability to set he number of Pads for 1 Synth as we like? With the ability to copy a Pad from a Preset to another? … a Super App!
Review by Ed
Because I can read everywhere a Policy...